Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 9

This time I am just plain late. I have been fishing with the Zema boys. They have never been on a boat before. On Saturday we are going camping on an Isle out on Lake Victoria. Chris took his family, Chelsea and me to Sipi Falls at the base of Mt Elgon near Kenya. We brought home two chameleons, who are now eating all the flies on my window to their hearts’ content. The hike was dangerous and it had just rained, so extreme caution was used with the smaller boys and those (Chelsea) who are not used to mountain terrain. I can proudly say my feet have been tested by four years of mountain XC and the black clay of Sipi Falls both without falling once.
The Village of Hope is doing well; a lady had a baby this week and named it after my friend Ann-Marie. David and Farook Zema and I hiked a nearby ridgeline and came down in a neighboring town of Kakira, known as the largest sugar producer in Uganda - fields and fields of sugar cane as far as one can see from the mountain tops. We passed groups of twenty or more men sitting around a five gallon bucket, each with hoses in their mouths. I assume they are drinking alcohol from all the sugar production. Our venture was awesome and I was able to share some of the wonders of science that I knew. We talked of atmosphere and ozone, of light and radio waves and I was able to show them the trick, that if you hold a camera screen between you and a TV remote you can see ultraviolet rays as they are seen through a phone camera. Try it.
I have been back to Massese with Luke several times. I have been attending the CHE meetings, seeing what I was taught at Equip in action. I taught at the prison ministry with Jane, Ann-Marie, and Chelsea and three men came to the Lord. Pray for Kibaluma Dohm, Oporoti Simon, Balyavish Devis. Pray for their growth and development, that they be given joy in Christ, that they are discipled and given guidance in critical times, for absolute assurance of salvation, that they grow and develop as Christians. I can’t remember what happened before Monday and neither can anyone here. Oh well, couldn’t have been anything more than the usual Sifa house disipleship, Village of Hope visits, and shenanigans that come with life here.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3: 5
In Christ,
David Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment